Regular practice in Ljubljana - Slovenia
What is FICHO training?
Weekly practice where Ficho method, based on contemporary methodologies and ancient wisdom is being developed and tested since 2006. It's a dance and contact improvisation study that engages participants to discover their authentic self, advance personal growth, increase kinesthetic and emotional intelligence and self awareness.
Ficho training welcomes 20 or older adults of any body type, regardless of dance background, experience and level of understanding dance.
Through regular weekly dance and contact improvisational practice you will:
- Train your body, mind and spirit
- Learn about your creative potential, build courage and confidence to overcome your limitations
- Learn tools for dance and contact improvisation and creativity, useful in everyday situations, relationships and work
- Improvise and express your creativity like never before in a safe, inspiring, fun and intelligent environment.
Waldorfska šola Ljubljana
Streliška ulica 12, 1000 Ljubljana
Statements of Ficho training participants
What is Ficho?
- Ficho is a great combination of different things: breathing exercises, yoga, tai chi and last but not least - Dance
- Not boring
- Invites more movement and openness from everybody
- Stepping out of the comfort zone into the dance world, discovering another side of yourself
- A creative, playful space
- Creative-dance-movement provocation
- Open classes for non-dancers and beginners, an influx of new energies
- Get the spirit out of the body
- Variety, quality, heartiness
- It is unidentifiable. It's Ficho. A completely unique combination
- Good combination of movement, dance with other approaches and skills
- Relaxation. Without some rigid frames. Adapting a leader to a group. Improvisation. And everything you do is fine. Nothing is wrong or right !!
- Expands the mind, heals
- A combination of routine and creativity, structure and freedom.
If your Ficho trainings were to close tomorrow, what would be the hardest thing to find elsewhere?
- Movement Innovation
- A place for safe and intimate exploration of contact through movement beyond established norms and structures, openness and knowledge of how I as an individual learn movement from myself, contact in a group
- the possibility of expressing oneself through movement, searching through motion, getting to know one through motion, not one that is choreographed by the choreographer
- Unloaded, open minded
- Creative team work
- Freedom of movement
- Open-mindedness, a sense of well-being in the group, experimentation
- I would probably stray because various Pilates, Yoga, Fitness, Zumba and other things really don't appeal to me.
- That the place where you are accepted just as you are
- Enthusiasm, humor, a good selection of music
- Flexibility. Playfulness… which of course comes from the leader :)
- Softness, intensity of training and such a mix of participants :)
Why is Ficho unique compared to other trainings? What does Ficho offer that others do not?
- Broad spectrum: personal growth, physical activity, creativity, analysis of well-being, experience
- Comprehensive exercise, all parts of me engage, very deep warming, preparing my body and mind for a new experience, I actually learn something new each time about moving, myself, or getting in touch with others
- You come to dance in the middle of the week and leaving with a uplifted free spirit
- Creativity, playfulness and collaboration without competitiveness
- Playfulness, creativity, searching in our own depths, great combination with breathing, connecting, we are all part of the same whole, creativity in search of movement and expression of our own potentials
- A higher level of awareness of movement and consequently dance
- Be here and now, work on yourself
- Serious stuff packed in a games inside the support tribe
- Good balance between structure and freedom of expression through movement.
- 'Empty the body' principle and some other approaches in dance and body work
- A combination of movement, dance, creative, tribal. And yes it is a structure that gives security while still being flexible enough to accommodate the mood of the participants.
- An abundance of joy and beauty that comes from the '' natural '' inner movement.
- So many different techniques and energy in one place
If you had to tell a friend about Ficho training in one sentence, what would you say?
- We create magic together
- Come see, it's really remarkable, something special that you can dance the way you never would have thought you could.
- A holistic approach to my creative movement needs in a relaxed environment
- Experience helps me in my day-to-day work in guiding people, because I better recognize where my energy is in my body when I give directions and I am more clear and determined when I want something
- Goran is a great coach, with a very sophisticated approach, you'll love it. You don't need to know anything before, everything you need will teach you along the way ....
- Being fine and discovering a place for creativity and experiment within the training, that all members of the group feel well and that the training is always physically demanding enough that you have the feeling that you really did something for yourself and for your body at the same time however, it all worked like a game.
- A changing experience
- Playful and safe getting to know your own body and what it can do in the context of improvisation
- It is psycho physical training. Dance. The game. Techniques. Contact. Stretching. Breathing. Sweat. Shearing. You have to try it!
- This kind of training where we play, hunt, dance, go crazy. Like one week of therapy :)
- Movement, dancing with some guidance and a great deal of inspiration.
- Super physical activity, good people, a place to express yourself through dance
- A training that balances body, mind and spirit
- It is a place for my other parts of myself, which are harder to come to terms with in everyday life
- What Goran offers is so remarkable that you could stand in rows in front of the hall. The opposite of the instant culture we live in, however, is the challenging, confronting oneself in a very unmasked way